IMA Michigan Regional Council friends and colleagues,
IMA is growing significantly in both influence, and membership, around the world. More locally, we have a tremendous opportunity to make a difference in serving the management accounting profession in Michigan and Northern Indiana this year.
Both the local chapters, and the Michigan Regional Council, have decisions to make in the following regards:
- Will we promote and grow the CMA program, and other certifications offered by IMA?
- Will we promote IMA to those working in management accounting and financial management who can benefit from an IMA membership, as well as, certification?
- Will we work to retain our existing membership, and grow IMA membership?
- Will we provide meaningful experiences for members to network, gain continuing education, and have fun while doing it?
- Will we work to foster student chapters, campus involvement for IMA, and grow student membership?
- Will we inspire and develop the leadership necessary for chapter and council sustainability?
I hope the decisions we make in answering these questions are a resounding YES! I invite you to join me in making 2018-19 a year of strategic renewal, fun, excitement, and growth.
Thanks to the leadership of John Engel, and the Council Board, the Michigan Regional Council won the IMA Council Excellence award for the 20th consecutive year! Several of our chapters, including Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Grand Rapids won Division awards. The Grand Rapids Chapter was recognized for community service, and IMA Ann Arbor and IMA Michicana Chapters were recognized for outstanding levels of service. All of the awards and special recognition were presented at the IMA Annual Conference. We also have significant representation on the Stuart Cameron MacLeod Society (SCMS) with Sue Bos as the new president, Dana Collins is the outgoing president, and several other Michigan Council members involved in SCMS leadership positions. Our representation on the IMA Global Board of Directors this year includes Sue Bos as SCMS President, and me from the Council. IMA Members the best that we can.
I look forward to serving you as President of the IMA Michigan Regional Council for the 2018-19 year. Please join me in working together to make our region of IMA Chapters, IMA Council, and IMA Members the best it can be.
Jim Horsch, CMA, CFM, CAE
2018-19 President, IMA Michigan Regional Council